• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash CC - Drawing Tablets slow response

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this new version of flash, When I drew quick strokes with a curve they convert into a single line as seen below.

Drawingdraw.png

I have tried a reset with having no other programs open and setting the priority higher.

It's a cintiq13HD and I didnt have this problem with CS6.

The things on the stage are meant to be circles.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 19, 2013 Aug 19, 2013

The update that contains fix for this bug is now available.

Please refer to the release notes for details on bugs fixed.

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash/release-note/release-notes-flash-pro-cc.html#Flash%20Professional%20CC%20Update%201%20%2813.0.1%29

-Sujai

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 143 Replies 143
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2013 Jul 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GRRRR!

We're currently testing Flash CC as a possible upgrade for our 2D animation team  currently using CS5.0, CS5.5 or CS6.0 (various versions) of Flash. We downloaded the trial of CC Flash onto a Lenovo laptop runing Windows 8 with a Wacom Intuos 4 tablet.

We experienced the same as all the above posters...

1) The pencil tool defaulting to annoying straight line mode.

2) Laggy performance with the pen and brush tool: When sketching, many of the artists strokes are lost.

The 'workaround' of unticking the 'Windows Ink' function helps users of the pencil tool, but as stated before, all tablet pressure sensitivity is lost, so the brush tool just can't make nice thick and thin lines.

Hardly a fix really.

We've been using Flash for drawn animation work for years now, and I've come to not be very surprised when new versions come out and turn out to be buggy. Now this! The drawing and painting tools don't even work.

I would currently rate this a really serious problem and some artists will certainly find the CC version of Flash unusable.

I look forward to hearing of any update of this just as soon as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 20, 2013 Jul 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your frustration is justified, but I assure you this is a high priority issue for us and are we're working with Wacom and Microsoft to figure out the best way to fix it. You will hear from us soon, hopefully with some good news.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2013 Jul 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to be having the exact same problem as the ones listed above but with my Wacom 12WX Cintiq. I know it was mentioned that the issue is currnelty being worked on but there hasn't been any new news in the last three days.

Is it possible to get an update on how this problem is currently being solved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 23, 2013 Jul 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We understand it is very critical for you guys and hence we are trying to resolve it asap.Will let you know once the fix is available.We appreciate your patience.Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2013 Jul 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"asap"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2013 Aug 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update that contains fix for this bug is now available.

Please refer to the release notes for details on bugs fixed.

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash/release-note/release-notes-flash-pro-cc.html#Flash%20Professional%20CC%...

-Sujai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Hope this works.  Will check it out when I get home.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue addressed in this patch is

Trying to draw circles with Wacom tablet using brush straightens out the first curve. This issue was only on Windows

List of known issues that will be investigated for future update:

• Scrolling with touch gesture or touch ring using Wacom tablet does not work on Windows.
  • Zooming and rotating with touch ring or touch gesture using Wacom tablet does not work on MAC.
  • Pressure, Tilt, scroll, zoom, eraser at the rear end of the grip pen does not work when mapping is set to mouse mode in the pen settings

Thanks,

Sujai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2014 Jan 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have been using flash for some time, and have never encountered this problem before.

I have the same issue here as the majority of everyone else.

Using pressure with the brush tool in Adobe Flash CC causes lag that is so bad, I cannot draw correctly.

Also, I have the straight line at the beginning of the stroke problem as well.

I am completed updated on drivers as well the current version of Flash CC. I have followed all the prompts to no avail on this site. I need assistance in solving this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 21, 2014 Jan 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Staright line at the beginning issue was resolved in the update for Flash CC.Can you please let us know which version of flash are you using.However we need more detaisl to reproduce "lag with brush pressure on like :

>OS and RAM details

>Tool specific setting in blush

>Wacom model and its setting like pen ,touch and others.

>Pent and touch settings if you are on windows

>Flick s->enable or disabled?

>Snapshot of task manager if it is ok with you.

>Wacom Driver version.

Note please make sure "use windows ink " options in wacom setting is unchecked.

Thanks,

Sangeeta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2014 Jan 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Windows 8.1 12.0 GB of RAM

>Brush Tool with 45 Smoothing, with Pressure turned on

>Intuos Pro Medium Tablet, Pen Pressure set to light, touch functions (with fingers) have been disabled.

>Pen and touch settings: Press and hold disabled.

>Flicks are disabled.

>Intous Pro Driver 6.3.7

>Windows Ink is ‘unchecked’Task Manager.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2014 Jan 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I replied to your post with the information you requested. Was there anything I did not include?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2014 Feb 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Flash CC is totally unresponsive when drawing with either the or Line tool.

Flash CC 64 bit version 13.1.0.226

Windows 7

Wacom Bamboo

Driver version 5.3.3-3 (latest)

Comparison between slow and "normal" (not even particularly fast) drawing.

http://i.imgur.com/8acgYM6.png

It is impossible to use Flash CC plus tablet to draw anything. This forces me to use CS5.5 portable or some other version.

Reeeeeeally annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2014 Feb 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And now using 5.5

http://i.imgur.com/vrW03RR.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 25, 2014 Aug 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted a video above of drawing on my Cintiq 12WX using a Mac. As you can see, there is a simplifying of the path that occurs even while the path is being drawn (small geometric lines)-- when the stylus is lifted from the tablet, then the line distorts/simplifies even more. There is also always a small space between the cursor and where the line starts to appear. This behavior does NOT occur with Flash CS5.5 on my setup. Just as @Circuitos compared the two versions above, CC ruins your drawing and CS5.5 accurately keeps the line-- during & after the stroke's creation.

Even with Smoothing set to "0" or the Pencil tool set to "Ink" mode, which should have the least interference from Flash, the behavior is virtually the same.

It's absolutely necessary to get this drawing behavior working as it was before. I can't downgrade to CS5.5 at this point for studio or personal projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2014 Sep 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am having the same problem as travis above. this is really depressing to me since i switched from flash cs5 and it was so much more usable and friendly. i'm very angry about this lag that supposedly has been happening ever since flash cc has come out. I just got a MacbookPro and I have no other alternative to animating... please fix this huge problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 31, 2014 Oct 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please refer to this separate thread for the bug report on the jagged drawing issue, which is still unresolved. Thanks!

Flash CC 2014 brush straightens edges when drawing quickly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2014 Apr 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm an animation instructor and we're having this issue with Flash CC on campus... I've tried the fixes suggested here, Flash is up to date; I tried the steps listed here: http://shanemarksanimation.wordpress.com/2011/01/27/fixing-pen-tablet-stroke-lag-in-photoshop-or-oth... and that actually worked but only for a few moments--Flash would be drawing beautifully but within a minute it would degenerate back into the extremely laggy and choppy drawing. Furthermore, it's not just tablets/cintiqs, even drawing with the regular mouse is laggy.

If we can't get this fixed I can't recommend my students keep using Flash, we would be forced to leave it behind. If there is any new information on how to fix this issue please let me know as soon as possible, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2014 Apr 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can upgrade to a 64 bit machine it helps, but still not ideal. I bought the brand new Mac Pro (Darth Vader Magic Bullet), and it's a mean machine with everything else. Even Flash has been better but still not up to snuff with other apps. It shouldn't take THAT much power just to get your brushes to draw properly (or almost properly at best in the case of Flash).

I'm finally accepting the cold shoulder from Adobe and now beginning the migration to ToonBoom after using Flash since version 1. It's clear they only care about coded content, not visual content creators unless you're drawing horribly out-dated webcomic looking crud. The new brushes in ToonBoom Animate 3 kick the snot out of Flash which hasn't made any significant upgrades since Macromedia owned it. If this was 1999, I could see calling Flash "Professional" but Vector brush tools have come a long way and Flash is about 10-20 years behind with no sign that they plan to change it or even care beyond a souless form letter at best.

Cue up to 07:10

https://www.toonboom.com/resources/video-tutorials/video/sketching-using-the-brush-tool

New ToonBoom brush is not only accurate, it lets you both soften edges, as well as add a 'texture' ala photoshop to the brush.

https://www.toonboom.com/sites/default/files/userfiles/images/tip_and_trick/body-hf02.png

Flash needs to get their own tools up to at least this level or ideally the level of 'Meander' the vector drawing tool used in Disney's Paperman, invented by Brian Whited.

http://www.fastcolabs.com/3006276/open-company/trying-woo-animators-disney-accidentally-invents-pape...

Leaving the Flash wasteland for greener pastures. Some new app needs to do to Flash, what Final Cut Pro did to Avid and Premiere. The concept of Flash was brilliant and is still poised to be the tool of choice for all artists IF they would actually develop the tools that make it usable. The days of using 2 or 3 programs to do things is over. Flash could be a one stop shop for animation and games/interactivity IF Adobe would put in the effort to get the content tools up to snuff. The actual interface of Flash is genius, but the tools make it unusable. Like having a top performing race car with a steering wheel made of melting jelly. What good is the car if you can't drive it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 20, 2013 Aug 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated Flash cc and the bug is gone!

Thank you and those who've been working at the bugfixes, keep up the good work!

Thank you,

Mitchel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

The fix worked perfectly for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update Macelo. We hope that it resolves the issue for others too.

-Dharmendra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2013 Sep 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've installed the latest drivers for my Wacom Intuos5 tablet, installed the update for Flash CC (yes, i'm sure it's installed. It says 13.0.1.808 in "about") and the issue is still present. There's still a lag and it doesn't respond to my Intuos5 when i'm drawing. It's not even that fast, just a normal stroke. I know it isn't my tablet's fault, because it works perfectly when i'm using Photoshop or any other drawing program. It's only flash that doesn't seem to perfectly recognize my strokes or read them in time I guess (i.e. : when drawing a circle, it's never a round circle like when it is in photoshop, I get these straight lines and/or sharp corners). This isn't only in circles it's about any stroke that involves bending.

Reading through this discussion, it seems to me like the issues was solved after the update, but only for Cintiq users? there are still many people who can't use Flash CC properly, which is a shame because it seems great. I guess i'll have to use CS6 again...don't know if it's for Intuos/Bamboo/other graphic tablet users only, but it seems that way since only most Cintiq users have their problems solved

Please keep looking into this problem and try to solve this as soon as possible, it may be solved for many but it's still present for some and it's really meddling with out workflow. Especially if all the lines you make are jaggy or not even what you want it to be. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 24, 2013 Sep 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I tried it on win 7(64-bit) and win 8 with intuos 5(driver version 6.3.6w3) with brush tool and all the settings on default.I could not repro the issue.Could you please provide us with more details about:

wacom driver version

tablet setting

which tool is used (pencil or brush)

OS version.

If possiblecan you also attach a video so that we can try to repro this issue in house.

Thanks,

Sangeeta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2013 Sep 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Details:

-Windows 8, new Samsung laptop 8gb RAM and 750 gb hard drive, Intel Core i5, 2,60Ghz, Intel HD Graphics 4000, 15’6 inch, 64-bit version.
-Intuos5 version 6.3.6w3, btw issue is still there whether Window Ink is checked or not.
-Tablet setting to standard, but even when sensitivity is put on soft it occurs so it’s not my tablet that isn’t working properly. Also every other drawing program still runs perfectly and recognize all my movements perfectly.
-using the mouse instead of the tablet doesn’t really make any difference, and I can make decent figures with my mouse. Still all jaggy.
-changing the smoothing doesn’t really help
-Problem occurs with brush tool (and also pencil even when put on smooth or ink).  If I go anything above "patiently" drawing bended lines, I get these unwanted straight lines and sharp corners. Like it's lagging or not recognizing my movements properly.
-don’t have a video, but I do have a legit screenshot. Hope that helps. If it really is necessary I’ll post a video if I can, but I’m very busy now can’t do much more. Dutch version btw

oh and don't mind the open programs, even when it's the only app that's open, it stay the same

Screenshot.png

here’s a forum thread about another guy with just about the same issues as me
http://forums.deletionquality.net/showthread.php/13682-Some-Reasons-you-shouldn-t-Update-to-Flash-CC

Seems to me like it’s an issue with the performance/framerate of the new Adobe Flash, just like TheIronGiant showed us. I hope you guys can up the quality of the new flash version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines