Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash CS6 crashes while loading

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I have problem with loading fresh installed Flash CS6.

Yesterday I reinstalled system (win7, 64bit), and start downloading and installing Adobe programs. Everything worked fine, Flash started, I made few banners, and gone to sleep.

Today, when I started computer, I got notification that there are some updates, also for Flash.

After installing that I can't start Flash. I'm clicking on icon, I see welcome screen, and while 'Initializing fonts' everything just dissapear. No error, no alert, nothing.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Pawel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 21, 2012 May 21, 2012

Actually, just solved the problem (permanently):

If you go to:

C:\Users\«YourUserName»\AppData\Local\Adobe\Flash CS6\en_US\Configuration

there is a fontinfo.txt file. Open this in notepad and delete everything in it and save it, but before starting Flash again, change the properties of that fontinfo.txt file to read only so Flash can't overwrite it again.  Seems to clear up the loading crash issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2018 Jun 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, it didn't work. There were two tasks I stopped- I actually got it to run for about an hour last night, but after I closed it and tried to start it up the same way, it loaded super fast until it hit the same "Initializing Fonts" and instantly crashed! It usually would take its time but now it stops immediately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 03, 2018 Jun 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just re-reading some of the earlier posts. MacGyver97's message 4 might help the people with Animate problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THank you so much, it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2012 Sep 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GOD Bless you ... T _ T all f***n day trying ... just now mi free ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2013 Mar 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I did this and it worked Flash CS 6 is working fine but one issue i am facing after doing this that is while working on any file whenever i am attempting to change the font property (like from arial to somethign else) it is being hanged for few moments like 1 to 2 minutes.

Can you also help in solving this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 30, 2012 May 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.  Even Flash CS5.5 does not work.

I really need this fixed asap!

I tried to look in the fontinfo.txt file for weird characters, but could not find any.  The file itself as the configuration folder is with "read-only" disabled. So the answer for the topic is not correct.

Are there some other suggestions maybe?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2012 Jun 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@brdcphoto,

Did you actually delete everything in the fontinfo.txt file, or just look for weird characters? I don't know for a fact that weird characters in the file fail to cause Flash to launch. It could also be the sheer number of fonts too if the .txt file is large enough. Empty the .txt file, save as Read Only (you need to ENABLE this option, not Disable as in your post), and then try restarting Flash.

My fix works on Flash CS5.5 and CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2012 Jun 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked!  For CS5 and CS6!

Thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2014 Apr 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wasted two hours on this upsetting issue.

Updating Adobe Extension Manager helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2016 May 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacGyver97  thanxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx broooo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have windows 10, 64 bit, and i cant find the fontinfo.txt folder in AppData.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i cant find the textinfo.txt file in the folder. PLS HELP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find the font.info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some people may need to turn on Hidden Files and Folders to see the AppData folder. Computer > Organize dropdown menu > Folder and search options > view tab > "Show hidden files, folders..." toggle.

Hopefully changing that txt file really is a permanent fix. I did find a "fontinfo.txt", deleted, and made it read-only in Properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to run flash as an adriminstrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.Open task manager when working flash.You will see Flash use very memory.

So is crash.

Sometimes you close your project when you are working .open again.Not flash only project

Doesnt crash.

My eng not good so sorry.

Bye everyone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines