• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash doesn't like MC name 'earth'?

Contributor ,
Apr 07, 2011 Apr 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really stupid and unimportant but things like this bug me and make me want to know why they happen. I made a movieclip named "earth1" and put an instance on the stage named "earth". If I refer to "earth" in code I get "1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: earth." If I use any other name such as "earth12" or "earthMC" it works fine. So I already have a "solution", but what's wrong with the name earth?

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't get any error messages.

Instance name : earth is OK for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dammit this is so weird. It's a new project, there's nothing in it but an "earth" movieclip, a "moon" movieclip, and ten lines of code. I can't imagine how it could be messed up.

edit: Well I started over and now it's fine. Not sure what was wrong last time. Whatever, probably a result of lack of sleep. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines