Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FLVPlayback control confusion!

Jun 22, 2009 Jun 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all please go through the link below

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flash/quickstart/flvplayback_component/

It says FlvPlayback control can support MP4, M4A, MOV, MP4V, 3GP, and 3G2 but none of these formats are actually played in FLVPLayback control.

can any body please explain me what the link above is trying to say. I am a bit confused...

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 28, 2009 Jun 28, 2009

Hello Swapnil,

These formats are supported now, but it must be H.264 encoded.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you mean it doesn't work in Flash authoring, it didn't originally in Flash 9, that came with an update. I think the application should be version 9.0.0.494. For testing with Flash Player, set up an FLVPlayback component, and then with ActionScript set its source to be the video file, and that should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using following environment

Windows XP with SP2

Flash CS3 9.0

Flash Player version 10.0.22.87

IE 7.0

By version 9.0.0.494 you Flash CS3 version or the flash player version?

Is there a freee update available or I will have to buy this udate separately? If it is availble for free can you redirect me to the link?

Thanks a lot for your reply I was going nuts on this.... Now at least I have a direction to seearch on....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 23, 2009 Jun 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can the following types be played in FLVPlayback control??

MP4, M4A, MOV, MP4V, 3GP, and 3G2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 28, 2009 Jun 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can some body update me as What all types FLVPlayback control in Flash can play??

I have stated my environment in the post above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2009 Aug 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Those formats are supported. However, there's a difference between the format and the encode method. For example, most video editing software offers potentially dozens of encoding methods. So you want to look specifically for the H.264 encoding.

Then you can save the file in any of th formats listed by Adobe (MP4, M4A, MOV, MP4V, 3GP, and 3G2). Though, in my experience FLV offers the best quality at the smallest file size. Just make sure you're not resizing the video in Adobe's FLV Encoder, because that will ruin the quality.

Hope that helps

~Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2009 Jun 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Swapnil,

These formats are supported now, but it must be H.264 encoded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines