• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font issue - converter?

Enthusiast ,
Apr 26, 2014 Apr 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a large project going live next week and having a problem with font embedding - specifically the font Avenir. I have seen many references to this particular font not being Flash compatible, but it's my cilients font and I need to try everything I can to use it. Is there some conversion tool or anything I could use? I've found some fonts that are close but nothing quite close enough.

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am totally font-ignorant but maybe my little experience with similar issue can point you somewhere.

A few years ago we bumped into a situation when we were forced by a client to use certain font (I do not remember its name) that was not displayed correctly in Flash plus we needed a font that did not exist. The way we solved it was - we opened font in a font editor and saved it as a custom ttf font. I vaguely remember there were only minor tweaks we had to perform.

The project was handled by a major agency which means I had guys who are fluent in font design at my disposal - this perhaps what made it so easy. However, I did dig my hands into font editing and even was able to design my little font in a very short time.

Basically, I remember it is not such a big deal. Also there are several free font editors available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Andrei. For now at least I am using Frutiger as a substitute as it's quite similar - made by the same guy even. I did a little looking for an editor today, but didn't have a ton of luck, so just gave up and hopefully Frutiger is good. It's a game and this is just for dynamic text like bonuses and such so I think it'll be good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines