• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hi, I made graphic symbols for each of my mouth sound shapes, but the visemes won't show up

Participant ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I made all the different mouth shapes for lip syncing as graphic symbols but the visemes won't show up in the lip syncing area. The only one that is showing up is the 1st one. I was following the steps for Adobe Animate Classroom in a book 2021. Initially, I had 1 mouth shape, then, I swapped it, and deleted the old symbol in the library panel. Afterwards, I added all the other mouth shapes, for the mouth area. I don't know if that's why its not working. When I move the character from one area to another, the mouth stays with it, so it might be fine. Anyway, I added a layer with labels to the top of the mouth positions like the book said.

So, the visemes won't show up in the lip syncing area. Also, I added a wav audio file, and it won't show up in the lip syncing area.

I'll attach some pictures.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

I converted each shape to a symbol, and got the lip syncing to work. The shapes came from ai files, so I thought they were symbols automatically, because when I looked it said graphic symbol.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you applying the visemes and audio from the main timeline? Is the audio file present on the main timeline as sync stream audio?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the main timeline, the audio file is set to stream. It's on a layer called audio . The book said to select the instance of the mouth. So, on the main timeline, I double clicked the mouth until, the mouth positions symbol was selected. Within, the mouths positions symbol, I have the different mouth sounds on different keyframes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave all the mouth visemes instance names. Now, when I click on each different mouth shape, one at a time (whicn are on their own keyframes), the mouth shape changes in the lipsync area. But, it shows the same mouth shape to choose for all of them. So, it shows 1 mouth shape to choose from, but the type of mouth shape changes, when I click on each different keyframe, that has a different mouth shape on it. When I double click the mouth positions layer, it highlights all the keyframes with the different mouth positions. However, depending on where the playhead is on the timeline, it shows the specific keyframe its on. 

I imported all the mouth shapes from adobe illustrator as ai. files, I added them to the library, do you think this caused a problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realized that the 1st mouth shape named Neutral was not an ai file, but still a graphic symbol. I half thought it was fine, but I swapped it the a ai file containing the Neutral mouth shape. Changing it did not help though. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you've configured it well, otherwise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried saving and restarting? Maybe update to 22.0.4? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I converted each shape to a symbol, and got the lip syncing to work. The shapes came from ai files, so I thought they were symbols automatically, because when I looked it said graphic symbol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines