• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How Best To Animate This?

Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to replicate this old animation opening from a quiz show back in the 1960's. I want to give it a clean HD upgrade. I don't really have any animation experience. With the particular style shown in the video, which program (Adobe Animate, Illustrator, Photoshop) would best the most efficient way to give it a try? I can do the panels moving and flipping in AE after the animation.

Thanks

https://youtu.be/QwfLrYYdf3U

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This can be done in Animate.

The difficulty will come from your lack of knowledge of the software and experience with animation. Getting to a point where you actually know how to do it, will probably take more than a year, even if you just want to trace and flat color the original footage. And this is only for the software part. (Understanding how animation works takes longer, esp. when you are trying to figure out something done by another animator.)

What I'm trying to say is that re-creating such a seemingly simple opening, and making it look professional and worth the time spent on it, may be a very large and tiresome project, if you are just starting...

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, Nick. I appreciate the insight. I realize that animation is an acquired skill and it doesn't come quickly. I just thought I'd get an idea from others as to which program to start with.

The only other similar thing I've done is an early version the show's opening that I did about a year ago (video link added), but that was shorter and simpler. For the 3 signs that come out of the boxes, I just used 3-4 png files of different proportions for the 'animation'. It's crude but worked for the most part. Of course the animation referenced in this thread is much more involved. As you said, it's not something that can be learned quickly. But in a way, doing these things as a hobby for the things we like (I'm a fan of the show) is a good way to learn the software.

https://youtu.be/9JJESiagvxY

Thanks again,

Dirk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good luck, Dirk!

I agree. It can be rewarding to learn and spend time on the hobbies that we like.

As long as you have the patience and dedication, you will progress and get there.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines