• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do i add a shortcut to this properties box

Participant ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok i have a issue thats been bafflng me for a while here.  i know you can add custom keyboard shortcuts but how do you add it for the properties box for

the properties of a symbol (select a symbol, right click, and select properties)

the project im working on im having to copy and paste the actionscript names of things to the name box(or the art pieces well, explode)  and i can setup everything else just fine, but still

have to manaully do this part.

id like to assign it to a single key so i can open it, copy , paste the text and b e done with it. 

or does anyone know of a script etc that could do this part for me. literally just needs to copy the as3 name to the name box as these files have in some 300 plus files and not one of them the same symbol number across files. i do need to unify them to work with them outside a runtime envirnment and this seemed to be the least invasive way to do this. 

this seems to correct the problem as the as3 code itself is missing waht combined them  that did this  and is the only elements binding the pieces together. for instance, a yellow x

character mught have a arm on symbol 2 the red one is 7 etc.

the project has 400 character files, and 1 wireframe....the wireframe is 328 symbols or so and the character files are 50 boxes on their own the clothes have a MEGABYTES of files that also need this done.

funny thing is once i do this, if i make a copy of the wireframe file everything drops in and connects, so i know the art files are fine. 

trying to avoid carpel tunnel symdrome doing this .

TOPICS
ActionScript , Code

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Engaged , Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

This is JSFL code that runs only in authoring mode, which means you need to save it as a command and trigger the command yourself.

Go to the folder:

C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Adobe\Animate YourVersion\YourLocale\Configuration\Commands

and save the code as a file with the name RenameLibraryItems.jsfl

After that, restart Animate, open your project, and execute it from the menu:
Commands > RenameLibraryItems

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant , Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

that was super awesome for this problem. it was taking 30 MINUTES to do manually!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understood your post correctly you need to merge Symbols from multiple documents into a single document and you are facing Library item conflicts, because those Symbols do not have unique names.

If the names do not matter to you and you only want to be able to merge the content, I would suggest to use LB Rename to add a unique prefix to the symbols in each of your source documents. Then you will not have any conflicts when copy/pasting content.

This will only require a couple of clicks per file.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the issue im having is that for the pieces to combine correctly i need to have the "name" section match the  as3 name for them to combine correctly for video work. .for instance arm_1 is symbol4, and on charcter 2 its symbol and they all combine into a single wirefame. failing to copy the as3 name to the name box.... i call them file grenades....as multiple artsits worked on the files and well. you likely can imagine the outcome. i am rather new to flash programming and mostly done art in this program. trying to learn the as3 part first as theirs way way mroe books and documention on it and then going to html5. 

trying to fgure a better way to do this thats not killing my hand as i have a contour design shuttlepro set to copy and paste but i still got a TON of clicking to the property box to do this....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only to clarify:

Are you talking about this dialog where you copy the content of the AS Linkage Class field to the Symbol Name field?

ntilcheff_0-1698378690740.png

Others may know if it is possible to automate the process via a JSFL script that loops though the content of your Library.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try this script - it iterates through all items in the library and sets the symbol's name to match the class name.

(function(){

var doc = fl.getDocumentDOM();
	var lib = doc.library, i, itm;

for( i = 0; i < lib.items.length; i++ ){
		itm = lib.items[ i ];
		if( itm.linkageExportForAS ){
			itm.name = itm.linkageClassName;
		}
	}

})();

- Vlad: UX and graphic design, Flash user since 1998
Member of Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im kinda new at the coding part here. where should i place this at, i tried the first frame and it gave no errors but....

didn't change the names when i hit test .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2023-10-27 064903.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is JSFL code that runs only in authoring mode, which means you need to save it as a command and trigger the command yourself.

Go to the folder:

C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Adobe\Animate YourVersion\YourLocale\Configuration\Commands

and save the code as a file with the name RenameLibraryItems.jsfl

After that, restart Animate, open your project, and execute it from the menu:
Commands > RenameLibraryItems

- Vlad: UX and graphic design, Flash user since 1998
Member of Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that was super awesome for this problem. it was taking 30 MINUTES to do manually!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you for the handy script Vladin M Milov....this is the result of your work in about a few hours time. look at all the neat clothes i didn't want to

get carpel tunnel syndrome from. its downright shocking how many outfits can be in a 2mb compressed folder! must be a least 30

pieces of clothing in this still....actually they are fully animated and in a rick roll! I haven;t done much game programming yet, but been having lots of fun with making videos with these, which is why i needed the "name" box to align up. nocarpeltunnelsymdrome.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines