How do I install Adobe Animate on Windows 8.1?

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am pretty frustrated right now, as I just paid for Animate and find out I can't even download older versions it seems. I need help to download an older version that works on Windows 8.1, or I need to cancel my subscription.

Someone please help me if it is possible to download a past version of Animate 😞

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021
Open CC on your system and locate Animate under Apps. Look far right and click the 3 dots to find "Other versions". As to which older version works with Win 8.1 I'm not sure but that should get you started in the right direction.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open CC on your system and locate Animate under Apps. Look far right and click the 3 dots to find "Other versions". As to which older version works with Win 8.1 I'm not sure but that should get you started in the right direction.

ANCC_1.PNGANCC_2.PNG

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying, I know I posted this some time ago but I'll just post this here in case anyone browses the net and has the same problem: Adobe Support told me Animate is now (for some reason) only compatible wiith Windows 10, because the oldest update for Animate available doesn't support Windows 8/8.1.

So my only solution was to install Windows 10, which I did, and now I use Animate everyday 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thats good to know. 

Multimedia Developer, Character Creator, and Animator.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines