• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do i make a ripple effect on my lines - animate

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do i make a ripple effect on my lines i have seen a lot of animators that have a ripple effect im not sure if its called that here are some examples  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyeCb99cb2Q, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXj9Rrr2kU0 (the 1st example is mainly what im trying to do BTW skip the sponsor on the vid to because the effect isn't in it)  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Guru , Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

It's called 'boiling' line.

You can redraw, you can do a quick smoothen or you can try to use a plugin, called Boiler.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

We called it "Squigglevision" back in the day animating Dr Katz and the first 5 episodes of Home Movies (Cartoon Network). You can simply redraw each line frame-by-frame or create additional keyframes and select the artwork and click the "Smoothen" tool in the Properties panel to altar the vectors.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's called 'boiling' line.

You can redraw, you can do a quick smoothen or you can try to use a plugin, called Boiler.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We called it "Squigglevision" back in the day animating Dr Katz and the first 5 episodes of Home Movies (Cartoon Network). You can simply redraw each line frame-by-frame or create additional keyframes and select the artwork and click the "Smoothen" tool in the Properties panel to altar the vectors.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this will help but he shows you how to make a ripple effect in a science flask. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOiwtZiKqcM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines