• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How export my vector flash to illustrator?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2013 Jul 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In all software adobe CC the .fxg extenxtion has remove (she is abandoned),

Now how can I export my vector illustrations to Illustrator?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 08, 2013 Jul 08, 2013

Hi ,

You can try https://github.com/davebelais/Extensible/blob/master/Javascript/Extensible/SVG.jsfl which creates an SVG formatted image for your artwork.

Further , we will have vector export from Flash as one of the features for our next major update.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudeshna Sarkar

Adobe Flash Professional Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2015 Dec 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nipun,

Yes this happens for a new unsaved file as well. In this test, I made a new ActionScript3.0 document with default settings and drew a square. Then I went to export - image - *.svg and received the same error. I'll share the FLA if it helps.

Dropbox - test.fla

I appreciate your help!
- Anna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the file. It works fine on my machine.

There might be something wrong with the setup i suppose. Did this start happening recently or has it never worked for you?

Also, there's another way to publish an svg file, try it out once -> open publish settings, tick the SVG checkbox in the right column and click on publish.

If it still doesn't export, please try uninstalling and reinstalling Flash Pro once again.

-Nipun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nipun,

I haven't exported a FLA document for Illustrator since maybe CS4 so I don't have a basis to know if this is a recent problem or not. However, the publish settings method worked! So for whatever reason, the Publish jsfl appears to work correctly but the Export SVG jsfl is bugged. Thank you for your help, this works well enough for me to continue on in my project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 17, 2014 Sep 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Professional CC 2014 has File/Export Image/SVG. It's a pain to use when you want to export several frames, but it does the trick. In my most recent job using this, I did not have any gradients so I can't say how well they get converted.

Thank you Adobe for putting that in!

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2014 Oct 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe!

I found a irritating bug that makes Illustrator CC 2014 crash when opening a Flash-exported SVG-file. (The file still works fine to open in FireFox thou.)

This occurs when an object contains a Mask.

Right now I have to manually delete the mask-layers to make it possible to open the SVG-file in Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2014 Nov 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How complex are your masks?

I've only just tested this feature, and tested a few simple shapes with masks, no crashing, perhaps your Illustrator needs to be updated? And does non-Flash exported SVGs cause errors?

I've found that the masks work as intended, but the mask and shape are group, and its not as intuitive as you'd think to ungroup the mask.

I appreciate Adobe's efforts to move towards SVG rather than maintaining FXG this is a big move forward. I hope the answer at the top of the page could be updated rather than linking to some WIP plugin, that led me on a wild-goose chase for a day or two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines