• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to animate simplified then add content like clothing, hair, etc afterwords to your character rig

Participant ,
Aug 24, 2023 Aug 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this possible in Animate CC? Was going through some content today from the Animators survival kit. I see that your taught to animate simplified figure and get the keys down first. Then extremes with a very simplified figure. Once it's animated, then you go back and think about clothing and everything else. How can you translate this technique to animate cc? How can you animate the scene with simplified figure for timing, and then go and attach items and cloths later? This would help my students be able to focus on a few things at a time then many. Thank animate and animation experts. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2023 Aug 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working with symbols will allow such control and editing. It's very powerful. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 25, 2023 Aug 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I'm somewhat knowledgeable with symbols, I get the three kinds and the differences between. Would you mind elaborating in specific ways with the example given. My thought is animate, for example a skeleton and make it a symbol first, then double click on the symbol and get into the nest, then build the clothing items in there? Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2023 Aug 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - so you can set up all of your motion with instances and then if you want to change anything - just edit the nested contents. Additionally, you can swap symbols that are already animated - one to another and the motion work will persist. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 12, 2023 Sep 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it! Your amazing, thank you. And if you have a visual example resource to share, that would be awesome. So I can do everything needed with instances for animating, then once I want to add say armour or sunglasses to the character, I edit that symbol, add the shapes, and what ever I add will appear on all the motion instances created? Critial thinking question then, what would you suggest for something like hair that I would want to create perhaps overlap animation on. How would that work as that would be really difficult to animate. I'm thinking add hair to the symbol then double click and go into a seperate nest specifically for the hair?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Sep 12, 2023 Sep 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may find some useful information in these articles:

https://flash-powertools.com/workflow/

https://flash-powertools.com/character-rigging-for-flash-animation/

https://flash-powertools.com/organic-animation-and-cinematic-look/

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 13, 2023 Sep 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My school maybe blocking the links. Is this "electric dog?" Thank seems to be what keeps popping up in Google searches. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2023 Sep 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thesee are the edapt/flanimate tutorials

https://flash-powertools.com/category/tutorials/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. apparently their site is hosted in bulgaria and our district blocks most outside the country internet traffic. Will try another way. THank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines