• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to avoid ovelapping lines to merge

Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I have this snake-like animation that I want to do with 1 vector line. The problem is that when the line touches itselfs, a new points is created at the crosspoint, mergig the 2 overlapping part of the line.

How can I prevent this? And make it work linke other vector programs, like Illustrator?

Thx!

TOPICS
How to , Missing feature , Other

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Turn the line into a Drawing Object by selecting it and going to Modify > Combine Objects > Union.

I this way you`ll be able to continue manipulating the lines but without it merging into other shapes.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2023 Feb 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I tried this already before and it's not working. The problem is that I do not want the line to merge with ITSELF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2023 Feb 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anything you draw in animate can be converted to an object so it's treated as an entity in and of itself. if you want something else animate may, or may not, be able to do that.

if you prefer to draw in illustrator, do so and then import into animate, if that works better for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you're not getting my point. Also, I can't imagine that nobody had the same problem before.

What I want to achieve is to animate one single line in a frame-by-frame animation. The problem is that when the line touches itself, it merges with itself, creating extra points, and glueing the section point.

Imagine you want to animate a ribbon that rolls into a spring before jumping ahead. Using the stroke properties it's easy to give a line the look of a ribbon. But from the moment that same line touches itself, you can't do anything anymore. The idea behind it is to be able to use the same line, frame after frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't do what you want to do. Flash was originally designed to allow people to "paint" with vectors, so it automatically merges intersecting/overlapping shapes as you go. If you need a paradigm more like Illustrator, you're gonna have to use Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A pitty, but thank you for your reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines