• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to cut out a shape by putting it outside a line

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So basically I'm trying to see if i can put a line in the middle of a shape I drew so I can cut the outside portition of the eye cause I know that if I do this righ the shape split by the line will count as two different shapes that I can select independtly from each other and delete one without affecting the other (since i've done this before) but when I try to do it now the shape instead just deletes the section of line tht it overlaps and I want to know if it's a settings I got to turn on or something I messed up (the pupil was drawn with the oval tool and the eye was also drawn with the ovaltool with a bit of help of the line tool used to make the top flat part)

Eye.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

make sure you have a duplicate to preserve what you have.

draw a disk (the same as the eye orbit) and cut the eye, leaving the shape you want to use to cut the eyeball.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

make sure you have a duplicate to preserve what you have.

draw a disk (the same as the eye orbit) and cut the eye, leaving the shape you want to use to cut the eyeball.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2023 Nov 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep that works, ty!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2023 Nov 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not even going to try to figure out OP's post until he adds some punctuation to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines