Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to desactivate a Symbol

Explorer ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone

I've created a symbol with all my animation inside but I want now to get back and put everything on the main scene, I don't need the symbol yet, how can I do that ? thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

copy all its layer/frames and paste on the main timeline.  be careful doing this, and be quick to use the undo to reverse undesirable outcomes.

first save your fla with a version number appended.  click the first frame in the top layer and shfit click the last frame in the bottom layer to select all the layers/frames. right click over the selected and click copy.

to your main timeline and create a new layer and select the first frame/keyframe, right click, click paste.  make adjustments and when you think it's ok, save with an increased version number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but when I try to select the layers frames from the first to the last frame as you said it doesn't work, nothing happen when I try to do it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I just got it now thanks !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

make sure you save before and using those version numbers.  this maneuver can crash animate and corrupt your fla.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to copy/paste on the same place ? because when I past all my layers they are not on my workspace, the layers are pasted outside of the area. If I move them I modify my animation at the same time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

upload your fla somewhere and post a link here and describe what symbol you want copied to what main timeline location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did exactly what you said at the beginning and it works but the pasted layers are outside my workspace and not inside, if I move them I modified my animations

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so you have motion tweens on those layers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes exactly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lock the layers you do not want to move

click the first frame, first layer

shift click the last frame, last layer

with the selection tool drag a rectangle from the stage upper left to bottom right

over one of the selected objects/paths, drag to the new location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you can't help me in a diferent way, creating a symbol I've seen that when I export to HTML5 the final frame end with a black background. It's due to the symbol created I think, it was perfect on the main scene, do you know how to desactivate it maybe ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't understand what you're describing.

but if you want to create html5 files, start with an html5 project.  or, if you have an as3 project with some (or a lot) of the work already done, convert that to html5 and then start editing to fix the problems that didn't convert properly.

as3 to html5 almost never converts everything perfectly.  

now, if you're working on your html5 project and notice that a background failed to copy to your main timeline (esp, if that's the symbol's last frame), it's almost certainly because you failed to copy that background layer's last frame.  you could do the obvious and copy and paste from the symbol to the main timeline, or if that's an unchanging background, just extend the main timeline background layer one more frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I export my animation to HTML5 and I read it the final frame ended with a black background, before creating a symbol with all my animation I didn't have it, do you know if there is a possibility to change this ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes.

do you see the layer (usually the bottom most) with the background?  does its timeline extend the entire length of the timeline?

if no, extend it.

if yes, is that last layer a keyframe?  if yes, right click it and click clear keyframe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The timeline is enough extended for my animation (longer than it) and the last frame is not a keyframe. I just saw that in the document options I have it in black, I can change the color or put nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

find the layer with the background.  use the hide icon to hide that layer and thereby confirm it is the background layer. 

does that layer extend to the end of the timeline?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have any layer with a background, before creating the symbol with all my animation the HTML5 animation ended with the final frame, final image. Now with the symbol it's different and I have to choose something in the symbol properties (by default it was black, I can choose another color or nothing).

I want to finish as I had before with the final image if posible, the layer is not extended to the final of the timeline, it ended before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is a relatively new option to have the contents of a symbol back into the main stage called "Break Apart Symbol to Layers". The option will preserve layers, frames, tweens and position.

Select the symbol, right-click and choose it from the contextual menu:

Mario_CR_0-1672338201390.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines