• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make entire HTML canvas clickable including video component? Adobe Animate CC

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a HTML canvas with a transparent button that makes the entire area clickable except when I add in a video component it overrides the button. I have tried making the video component clickable as well. The url does not go directly into the action script (see screen shot), I cannot mess with the script as this is what is used for tracking purposes.

I have included a link to the creative. You will see that it's clickable all around the video but not the video itself. 

Can anyone help me problem solve? Thank you!! 

Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 5.46.10 PM.png

https://platform.sizmek.com/adPreview/prod/share/hwobadgnsh7 

TOPICS
ActionScript , Code

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any components in HTML5 Canvas documents sit on a DOM element ABOVE the canvas element - so they will always obscure everything beneath them. You might try shifting the video component off-stage until someone clicks the button and then move it into proper alignment. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Joseph for the reply! Unfortuately I need the video to play immediately and for any click to go directly to the website we are redirecting the user to. Is it possible to make the DOM element clickable as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines