• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

html canvas or as3

Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hiii ... I learned before ActionScript 3 that it is an easy language .. but they told me it was not effective now days .. some friends advised me to change it and learn HTML because it is the language used on all web and mobile devices ... i want to ask  What is your opinion better for me to stay in as3 or learn html canvas  ... and do I need to learn HTML, CSS and Java scripts all to ba able coding in html canvas ? I didnot know what to do... thanx

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

It depends on what you are trying to do. If you are making content for web distribution - go with JavaScript. If making content for straight animation, video, AIR apps for desktop or mobile devices - go with ActionScript. They are both pretty similar (especially when using Animate) so learning both for different situations is not normally a big deal... but again, depends on what you are doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on what you are trying to do. If you are making content for web distribution - go with JavaScript. If making content for straight animation, video, AIR apps for desktop or mobile devices - go with ActionScript. They are both pretty similar (especially when using Animate) so learning both for different situations is not normally a big deal... but again, depends on what you are doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like Joseph said. You can still use either or just if you're doing something for the web, you would probably want to do it HTML5 Canvas since soon the flash player will be discontinued.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i want to ask another question plz ? html canvas able for every thing mobile , desk top  and web ?? or only for web  ... thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HTML5 Canvas for anything browser based. Can be used in conjunction with other tech like Cordova or Electron to bring it out of teh browser... but I'd just use AIR for those cases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines