• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML5 Canvas can not add linkage to library items

Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the latest Animate CC 2016 to create canvas files. Since the last update I am no longer able to change or set a sound files linkage in the library. Before the update I was able to double click on a sound file in the library under linkage and add the linkage name right there.

Now the old linkage names I was using before shows up in the library under linkage but if I double click on the linkage name the sound properties popup opens and there seems to be no way to change the linkage name. How do you set the linkage name in the library for a canvas project? This seems to be a bug.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

this is a known bug that will probably be fixed in the next update.

in the mean time, per Nipun Asthana, you can use jsfl applied to your sound to enable linkage:

1. Using JSFL:

(Select the audio file in library then run the below JSFL snippet)

var lib = fl.getDocumentDOM().library;

lib.setItemProperty('linkageExportForAS', true);

lib.setItemProperty('linkageClassName', 'myLinkageName');

2. Using AS3 doctype:

Copy your audio to a new AS3 type document.

Open th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is a known bug that will probably be fixed in the next update.

in the mean time, per Nipun Asthana, you can use jsfl applied to your sound to enable linkage:

1. Using JSFL:

(Select the audio file in library then run the below JSFL snippet)

var lib = fl.getDocumentDOM().library;

lib.setItemProperty('linkageExportForAS', true);

lib.setItemProperty('linkageClassName', 'myLinkageName');

2. Using AS3 doctype:

Copy your audio to a new AS3 type document.

Open the audio Properties, enable Export for Actionscript checbox and provide the linkage-name.

Now copy back this audio file from AS3 document back to your original canvas document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I hope they fix the bug soon.

I found another temporary work around that works in my situation. I set the linkage names in CS6 and then copy and paste them into the CC library. CS6 lets you double click under linkage so it is faster than going through the properties panel. I have a lot of sound files I am working with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried double-clicking the Linkage column in an Animate 2017 Canvas document and it worked fine for setting a linkage name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can set the linkage name by double clicking for movie clips and graphic. The problem is that the program will no longer let you do this for sounds and bitmaps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not familiar with using JSFL, but I need to be able to add and control sounds. Please could you explain how to run the JSFL snippet for an Animate canvas file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in animate  click commands > run command > navigate to your jsfl file and open it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also you should be able to just double-click the JSFL file and it will automatically be run against the currently open Animate document.

Or if you want it permanently available from the Commands menu, you can manually move it into the commands folder. In Windows this folder is:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Adobe\Animate CC 2017\en_US\Configuration\Commands

Note that this path changes over time because Adobe keeps renaming Animate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines