• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't create symbols

Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So whenever i try to make a symbol I drag the cursor around the object and make it into a symbol. But after that whenever i try to use my symbols to drag into my scene it just shows a small circle. How can i fix this?

Screen Shot 2017-07-06 at 4.11.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-07-06 at 4.11.42 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Oh I found a fix. I was trying to select the object and going to Insert<New Symbol.

I just realized you have to go to Modify<CONVERT to Symbol

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The small circle without any visuals would indicate and empty symbol, or one whose contents are hidden in some fashion.

What does the symbol timeline look like with layer outlines enabled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh I found a fix. I was trying to select the object and going to Insert<New Symbol.

I just realized you have to go to Modify<CONVERT to Symbol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might think there was an issue with seeing it because Onion Skin is enabled in the Timeline, but the preview in the Library looks like the symbol is empty. Try opening the symbol to see if you accidentally deleted the contents or moved the contents over to a different frame besides the first frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines