• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I think my *.wav file is too big. What do I do?

Contributor ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a *.wav file that's 10 minutes of high quality stereo and 203MB. I wanted to animate to it, but Adobe Animate tells me that the sound is silent. I know this is not the case.

I tried the same process again with a much smaller *.wav file and had no problems at all.

If you would like to try it yourself, please download the file here Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

What do I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

WAV files that are 24 bit generally fail completely, but your sound is 32 bit, and that seems to survive the import, but Animate is looking  at the wrong 16 bits. You should export the sound as 16 bit, then it works fine.

The sound is a little quiet by the way, you could get your audio editor (say Audition for example) to do a normalize to -3 dB. Also, if there's no reason for it to be stereo it may as well be mono.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WAV files that are 24 bit generally fail completely, but your sound is 32 bit, and that seems to survive the import, but Animate is looking  at the wrong 16 bits. You should export the sound as 16 bit, then it works fine.

The sound is a little quiet by the way, you could get your audio editor (say Audition for example) to do a normalize to -3 dB. Also, if there's no reason for it to be stereo it may as well be mono.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect work as usual Colin. I just wished I heard it all from a detailed error message instead of you. Feature request maybe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm sure there's a feature request already for 24 and 32 sound support. that might be the better solution, rather than perfecting the current error dialogs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines