Im having an issue where when you zoom out of an image, the image get's lossier or pixelated

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i am trying to work on a character rig that I made with procreate on my ipad, to then import it to photoshop, and then finally import it onto adobe animate to animate. But when I imported the rig into Adobe Animate, and scaled it to a smaller size, I noticed that the quality went down on the rig and it looked pixelated.

Screen Shot 2021-06-01 at 2.04.23 AM.png

I first thought that it was because I scaled the rig down, but as I look zoomed into the rig, ir became more clear and clean like it's supposed to be.

Screen Shot 2021-06-01 at 2.01.50 AM.png

SO the main problem im facing is that everytime I zoom out of the rig it appears pixelated, and everytime I zoom in, it appears fine. Why does this happen? and How do I fix this? 

TOPICS
Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

Nice design!

Animate is a vector program and the support for bitmaps is not that good. Scaling only works well within a certain range.

You can select your bitmaps in the Library, right-click > properties and make sure compression is set to lossless.

You can try to see if enabling 'smoothing' will give better results.

Clipboard-1.png

If this is not sufficient, you will have to have two or even three rigs that use small, medium and large body parts, which you will prepare in photoshop.

As a general advice I would suggest to create your character artwork in Animate. Then it will scale well.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Powertools Team - extensions for character animation

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't have your Preview Mode set to Fast, do you?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

check your preview mode. 

Also nice character. 

Screen Shot 2021-06-03 at 10.29.38 AM.png

Multimedia Developer, Character Creator, and Animator.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines