• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image Asset Compression Settings Completely Useless.

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been making several ads over the past few weeks in html5 canvas on adobe animate, when suddenly I can't publish an html5 canvas project with image compression.

No matter how many times I fiddle with the settings or try to include PNG and set a spritesheet up or a texture, it simply exports the image as it's native file type of PNG with no compression whatsoever.

I am at an extreme loss because I was able to publish a similar ad setup from a different campaign with no problems using PNGs for photos, then telling flash to export either as a compressed png or jpg, depending on how far I need to push the compression.

When your HTML5 ad folder needs to be 200k or less in filesize, not being able to compress at all on publish is frustrating to say the least.  

I've been trying to fix this issue for over a week, the solutions I've found on here that are plausible are.

1) import a low res jpg in place of the png and publish that way hoping the program can handle compression magically.

2) update the program to the latest version and try publishing from there.

I packaged my worker files and sent them over to a computer with the latest greatest Adobe Animate CC update, tried publishing, same problem.

I'm trying to avoid altering the ads and don't want to swap symbols unless I have to, and frankly I don't think that will work here because I'm starting to think the file is corrupt somehow.

At this point, I'm going to try and copy and past my timeline into a new document and hope it will publish with the compression settings I specified, but at this point I've lost almost all confidence in the ability to compress HTML5 canvas projects with their image assets properly.

I'm not sure if google web developer is still a thing or if it can help me accomplish this supremely basic step of creating these HTML5 ads, but it's getting to the point that I've wasted so much time trying to get a basic function of the Animate program to work that I'd probably save time and money just learning the other program and rebuilding the entire ad.

Fingers crossed this issue gets fixed for good, any help would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Ad development , Import and export , Performance , Product issue , Publish package

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without knowing if this is a bug or not (I can't test it atm), there's a site called tinypng that you can use to compress the images after you publish it:

https://youtu.be/z74lp51NCwA?t=352

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@James22253926tha7  Image compression setting works with export "Image Assets" option not with SpriteSheet and Texture publishing. If multiple images are there then a separate copy of each image will be generated and that will also increase number of calls made to the server. In your use case it would be better to export as "Texture" or "Spritesheet" and then compress the image outside of Animate  as suggested by @Mario_CR  you can try tinypng.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines