Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive cursor

Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2014 Aug 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I'm creating a flash map in flash actionscript 3.0, I want to make the name of the country pop up (in an interactive way) when I put the cursor over it, do you know how could I make that?

Please, click on the link bellow to take a look on the interactivity that I want :

Interactive country flash map with zoom: USA | Graphic Flash Sources

Best regards,

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 23, 2014 Aug 23, 2014

One way would be to have a movieclip that follows the mouse cursor and appears and gets assigned text by whatever it is hovering over.

Use a MOUSE_MOVE event listener/handler to adjust the position of the movieclip's x and y properties relative to the mouseX and mouseY properties.

Use a MOUSE_OVER listener/handler for each object you roll over that reassigns the text to the textfield in the movieclip.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 23, 2014 Aug 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One way would be to have a movieclip that follows the mouse cursor and appears and gets assigned text by whatever it is hovering over.

Use a MOUSE_MOVE event listener/handler to adjust the position of the movieclip's x and y properties relative to the mouseX and mouseY properties.

Use a MOUSE_OVER listener/handler for each object you roll over that reassigns the text to the textfield in the movieclip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2014 Aug 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ned, thanks for your answer. can you please give me some more details, I'm a beginner  in actionscript and i don't know where to go and which steps should i follow to do that !

can you give an exemple please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a link to an example file I made for you:

http://www.nedwebs.com/Flash/AS3_Show_Text.fla

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES that's exactly what I was looking for ! can you please describe how did you do that ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did what I already described in my first response.  Study it and what the file does and ask specific questions for what you do not understand

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes sure, thanks Ned. but where could i go to see the script of those actions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look in the timeline.  There is a layer that has a lowercase a in one of the frames.  Open the Actions panel and click on that frame to see the code that is in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2014 Aug 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU Ned I'll try the code on my project, and I'll let you know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 25, 2014 Aug 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines