Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive SWF to HTML5 conversion

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All

Like a dinosaur I am trying to convert a number of Shockwave Flash animations to HTML5.               They were created with SWF Version 6,  and interactively rotate using the arrow keys.

They have one frame, one sprite and two buttons.

Action Scripts  are:   On (Key Press “<Right>”) {r = r+1; ‘line”._ rotation = r;

On (Key Press “<Left>”) {r = r-1; ‘line”._ rotation = r;   Frame 1 Do Action r = 0;

Creating a video from/by rotating the sprite (click by click) through 360 degrees is not really an answer. The video folder is huge relative to the original interactive SWF object and fine interactivity is lost by using the slider in its track to position the ‘sprite’ - compared to arrow key control.

Is there a conversion tool that would work?  Adobe Animate maybe or Capitivate? Adobe AIR?

What would work best if I have to rebuild the animations?

I’m out of my depth and would be very grateful for any advice or recommendations.

J

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are some swf interpreters out there that might work - such as Ruffle: https://ruffle.rs 

no real conversion tols exist though. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines