New Here ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

While I do not have a Surface Pro 7 I do have a Surface Pro 6 with 16gb of ram and core i7 and would say it's accpetable for using Animate but I can't help but feel there are better options out there.

For starters, Animate runs pretty slow on high resolution monitors, so I would recommend reducing the Surface Pro 7's resolution when using animate even though it's not as nice as using your computers full resolution.

Another thing to consider is later versions of Animate (2020 and later) have desi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I do not have a Surface Pro 7 I do have a Surface Pro 6 with 16gb of ram and core i7 and would say it's accpetable for using Animate but I can't help but feel there are better options out there.

For starters, Animate runs pretty slow on high resolution monitors, so I would recommend reducing the Surface Pro 7's resolution when using animate even though it's not as nice as using your computers full resolution.

Another thing to consider is later versions of Animate (2020 and later) have designed their UI for larger touch screen displays and I find I don't nearly have as much space to work with on my Surface Pro 6 as I did with earlier versions of Adobe Animate. 

When it comes to the drawing experience with the Surface pen it's been vastly improved now that you can set Animate to be compatible with the Surface Pro's Windows Ink instead of having to download wintab drivers for earlier versions of Adobe Animate. With the old Wintab drivers, pen actions like single click wouldn't register sometimes and small brush paint movement wouldn't show up for me.

Touch screen gestures like zooming in and out in Animate in general is pretty poor no matter what touch device you use. Animate can often misread your pinch zoom gesture as a rotation gesture and then annoying rotate your canvas instead. I wish the it was more responsive like an ipad app or even Illustrator when using GPU preview.

That leads me to the only thing that would make it diffuclt for me to recommend Animate on a Surface Pro device vs a high performance desktop computer and that is Animate doesn't have performance viewing like GPU accleration from what I know and things will start to get very slow and unworkable if your artwork uses complex style burshes. 

Those are my thoughts, hope it helps you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what resolution should I set it to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A monitor resolution of around 1920x1080 works alright for me. Anything close to 4k makes Animate sluggish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines