• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a simple way for Adobe to provide a way to convert SWF files to something useful?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand flash and shockwave have gone the way of the doto. I have been teaching and we have some SWF files showing demostrations but we cannot open it.

Is there a way for Adobe software to easily convert old files? I have tried to import to Animate but they see SWF as unsupported.

Thanks

TOPICS
Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

If anyone at the school has a Creative Cloud subscription, you could install Adobe Animate, and that comes with Flash Player, that would be able to open your SWFs directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Converting an interactive SWF automatically is something that I think is not so easy to achieve.

While this is not possible, try a browser that supports SWF or run your files using ruffle.rs.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone at the school has a Creative Cloud subscription, you could install Adobe Animate, and that comes with Flash Player, that would be able to open your SWFs directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you and to all for suggestions. I do have Animate but when I drag the file it looks like its in pieces. Which is so strange. I was able to use Ruffle to open 4 of the 20 files so I used a Screencapture to record it for students.

I am unsure why the other Swf files act like corrupted. Since I re-downloaded them twice.

I guess they will disappear to the history...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's not  clear what you're doing nor what you want to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was not suggesting you open them in Animate. I was saying to use Flash Player. Animate comes with a folder of different Flash Player applications. Use one of those.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are they interactive? If not, you could open/play the SWF in a browser and use screencapture software such as Quicktime to record the browser and then export to video.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can open adobe animate and then drag the swf into animate. it should load everything into the timeline and create everything into objects so you can make adjustments. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi again.

Please try this browser:
https://archive.org/details/basilisk-portable-with-flash

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines