• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is There Any Good Free Adobe Animate Alternatives

Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Tried Going To Archives but They Look Suspicious even thou my Chrome said it is safe, but I still Don't Trust Them, I Don't Want to Pay Adobe Animate, Cause Dollars in my Country Is Very High

I tried OpenToonz but my Anti-Virus is Saying NO NO

I Tried Synfig Studio But it is Not good For Hand-Draw Animations

The Only Thing That Doesn't Seen to Have a Problem is Pencil2d, It Feels Like Macromedia, but it feels limited

I Also Tried The Wick Editor but Seems a Limited

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possibly the worst place to ask that question 😂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

True dat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You were probably trying to download OpenToonz from a spoof site. The correct site for OpenToonz is https://opentoonz.github.io/e/

Krita also does good frame by frame animation. Great for hand-drawn animations.

https://krita.org/en/

And Blender does very nice 2d animation nowadays as well, with full integration in a superb 3d animation environment.

https://www.blender.org/

All open source, free, and powerful software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have blender but it wont open, i have tried opentoonz in that website but my firewall is blocking stuffs from it, I have Krita and it is laggy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there any softwares like adobe animate that is free, and PC and User friendly, PC friendly, I mean not trying to fry my motherboard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and how much is toon boom harmony

and blender keeps crashing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like your computer is underpowered.

What hardware (CPU, memory, and graphics card) do you have?

PS download the latest version of OpenToonz here:

https://github.com/opentoonz/opentoonz_nightlies/releases

These are SAFE. If your virus scanner is acting up, it is a false positive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CPU: Core i5

Memory: I don't know

GPU: AMD 530

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Toonboom isn't free. The Essentials (most basic) version only supports vector and no bitmap animation - at a cost of $209 a year - and that is rental only. It is much too limited though, and not suitable for serious work in my opinion. The Advanced edition is the minimum required for a semi-serious animator, and costs $500 rent a year.

But based on your problems with running Krita and Blender, I am almost certain that Toonboom's system requirements are too high for your computer as well. They recommend 32GB RAM and a decent graphics card (Nvidia GTX 1060 or Radeon Pro 560).

OpenToonz doesn't require high system specs. Perhaps try the Tahoma edition?

https://tahoma2d.org

Blender requires a reasonable modern graphics card. Also install the latest video drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for tahoma2d but I think i will be using it, I will be sticking with Pencil2d, Beacase my PC doesn't seem to cry that much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, btw, I was able to make blender work on my PC, all I have to do is update my drivers, maybe i would stick with blender with its 3D and maybe learn it's 2D animation program, btw where are you, i haven't seen you in months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines