• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Javascript error: File could not be opened.

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Moments ago, the power went off while I was on my favorite Animate CC file.

So, I turned the power back on, opened up Animate CC, clicked on my file and I get this...

An error occurred opening file "C:\Users\Owner\Creative Cloud Files\The Rodfellows Improved Character Rigs - Animate CC copy.fla"

And the output has this:

A JavaScript error occurred.

Error: File 'C:\Users\Owner\Creative Cloud Files\The Rodfellows Improved Character Rigs - Animate CC Copy.fla' could not be opened.

I seriously need to fix this problem.

How can I do it?

Thanks,

Dan P. Lyons

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if this discussion matches your case:

Re: Error while saving the file

Short version is that you could try WinRAR to repair the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I change the file extension from fla to rar? I did try typing .rar after the last word of the file, but it's still openable with Animate CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An FLA is really just a zip file. You could duplicate the file to be safe, then change the .fla part to be .zip, and look in WinRAR for tools for fixing archives, and point that at the zip file you made. Rename it back to .fla when you're done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Next thing would be to look in the same folder for a recovery version of the file. Or look in the folder Animate uses for backups of unsaved files: C:\Users\New\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\Media Cache Files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see The Rodfellows Improved Character Rigs - Animate CC Copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did do the WinRAR steps, but no luck.

The error message still says:

A JavaScript error occurred.

Error: File 'C:\Users\Owner\Creative Cloud Files\rebuilt.The Rodfellows Improved Character Rigs - Animate CC Copy.' could not be opened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the FLA file if you want to take a look at it.

The Rodfellows Improved Character Rigs - Animate CC Copy.fla - Google Drive

I NEED RESPONSE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the very small rebuilt file like you did.

The auto recovery files start with RECOVERY_. That's what you would search for if you're trying to find a backup of the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And just to be sure, the responses you receive from this forum are from experts that take time from their regular work duties to help here. Adobe employees like me have the Staff label below our profile.

A little patience will help everyone here, including you. If you are in a rush, I suggest getting in touch with our support center. Contact Customer Care

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines