• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layers not visible after closing and re-opening saved file

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2024 Jul 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I hope folks can help with this issue.

I have created and animation but every time I close and reopen the file some of the layers are no longer visible. They keyframing edits are still in the timeline, the layers are not hidden, and when clicking on a frame for one of these layers, it seems to be empty. I have re-edited a few times but the same issue seems to happen (with different layers) each time I save, close, then reopen later.

Does anyone know any solutions? I don't want to have to re-edit AGAIN or try to complete the animation without closing the file -Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

disable advanced layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I've given that a go but that seems to remove the camera edits and my inivisable layers still aren't back. Do you have any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

upload your file to a server and post a link here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appreciate you taking the time to take a look, here's the link https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c2mm4FHFUEFN_v5NmNCyvBY84q83Tdyq/view?usp=drive_link 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

access requested

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Granted - thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

first, i notice a problem with that bird.

you should create a graphic or movieclip symbol and assemble your bird there and then move that symbol to the main timeline to tween and otherwise change its properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thnks for the advice! I'm relatively new at animating and trying to learn the best way to do things.

I created a graphic symbol to create the run cycle for the bird (some layers of which have also become an issue) as I understood that would be best for repeated movements, but have been unsure how to best animate the bird. If I create a symbol and add the layers there, is it not the same as having them on the main timeline? I would essentially have to continue extending the graphic animations but it would be harder to match the maintimeline?

Again, appreciate the advice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if your bird has different animations at different times (eg, dancing and flying), you can create different symbols.

putting everything on the main timeline isn't the same. it's much more complex to put all the bird parts on the main timeline and then create a flying bird that flies around your screen vs using a symbol.

anyway, if create a bird symbol and you have layer problems in the symbol, post a link with permissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought about creating a symbol for the flying element, but the bird needs to react to the page as if it is on the page and moving to it as the page moves as well as react to comentary. So for that, I'm not sure how I could create a selection of symbols that would work as I would need to edit the bird to the main timeline movements?

The main problem that is halting everything I'm working on now though is those layers that aren't visible after saving and re-opening. The body, H feathers, and tail vanish as soon as their layers hit a tween I've noticed. Then there is a graphic in that file called "cedric run cycle" that also has layers become an issue after re-opening. Do you have any ideas to what may be causing that? I'm scared to do more work to it if I will lose them again...

Appreciate your time - thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you using the warp tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

that's at least part of the problem and may be the entire problem.  but it's hard to tell because whatever you're doing is unavailable in the file you sent.  ie, say you create cedric run cycle then save, close and open and see a problem there's no way to inspect the saved file and see what occured prior to the save.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines