Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lazy Line Painter...

Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there everyone.

I'm a Photoshop guy but need to do this one thing in Illustrator and haven't a CLUE what this even means, let alone how to do it. LOL! Anyone out there willing to help me? I'm not asking for someone to do it for me...just explain the steps: Lazy Line Painter

The instructions read:

"Ensure there are no fills, No closed pathsLine needs a start and end, Crop Artboard nice & tight!"

All I have done is created a text box. I then saved it as an SVG. But when I load it to the site, it shows up blank. I'm not sure what any of the text above means, other than cropping the artboard.

I appreciate any guidance!

-Brian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

It sounds like it isn't possible to keep the style applied to the stroke using the Lazy Line Painter. If you do want to try something else, I would recommend using Animate. The process involves applying a mask over the characters that reveals them as if they were being drawn. Animate can publish the animation as an SVG. If you want to try that route and have questions about that process, I can help you over in the Animate forum Adobe Animate CC - Home .

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The message you are receiving makes sense to me in the context of supplying a vector Illustrator file.  However, what you are trying to submit does not make sense to me.  I understand you are not looking for someone to do this for you but could you share the image you intend for the lazy painter to draw for you with us?  I'm wondering if you have such an image in Photoshop and you are wondering how to re-create it in Illustrator?  If so I have an answer for you regarding that.  But I guess I'm still confused as to exactly what you are trying to accomplish???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much! If you check out my existing website, you can see the final output: www.riback.me

I want to achieve this same effect with this file: 20170706-lazy-line-working Report.zip - Google Drive

I have these example files, as well: callback-example.zip - Google Drive

and if you look at the example file...I can't figure out how to export an SVG that winds up with the SVG code looking the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines