• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Looping an externally loaded video - H.264

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2016 Oct 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to know if it is possible using AS3 to loop [ seamlessly or even slightly un-seamlessly! ] an externally loaded video - encoded as h.264

I have searched many leads trying to find out if this is currently viable. It doesn't seem as easy as I imagined it would be.

I have member of my team that knows some AS2 - and has very little knowledge of AS3. He wrote scripts for looping functionality in AS2 - however as we need to upgrade to Adobe Animate CC to use 4k video for a large touchscreen application - so we are trying to find out if looping video, loaded externally, can be scripted for in AS3.

It actually seems pretty crazy to me that such a feature is so hard to achieve. I would have thought that in today's media saturated world, this would be a basic and simple requirement.

If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be grateful. I need to determine whether to upgrade to Animate or to stay with CS5.5, and HD 1080p video.touchscreen.jpg

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2019 Jun 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Instead a FLV, generate a jpeg or png sequence from Media Encoder and then import directly to Animate timeline, no stop at the end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines