• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

merging video files

Contributor ,
Apr 29, 2013 Apr 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an example, let's say I've got 10 video files in the Library. I've wanna select 4 of them and merge them into a single video file (e.g. mov), which I then want to be able to send by email.

Is that something that can be done in actionscript? To begin with merging 4 random library videos into 1 file and rendering it as 1 .mov file?

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2013 Apr 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, that can't be done with actionscript.

you could play 4 (chosen randomly or otherwise chosen) end-to-end using actionscript but, you can't send convert them to mov using actionscript and you can't send them by email using actionscript.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 30, 2013 Apr 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would use php to email the file, that's not the problem.

So for the merged video file I would also have to use something external, some kind of script other than actionscript. Do you know of any which could do such a thing? If so, which of these situations would be doable (or perhaps both):

1. Have Flash somehow export 4 of the video files it has in its library to this external 'something'. Which combines these 4 video items it receives into 1 video file. Which then can be emailed through php.

2. Have Flash send the file names of 4 external video files to this external 'something'. Which loads those 4 external files and renders them as one file in the same video format. To be send through php.

Is there some external program like that I could add to the whole process?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't know of any server side program that could merge video files into one video file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. Why would you want to send a mov file via mail? Most mail servers have an internal spamblocker that doesn`t allow files with a >10MB attachement.

2.It`s easy enough to put 10 different videofiles on a server and having a as3/netstream randomize the playing of these files with VIDEO_EVENT.complete Event, so you could simply mail the URL to the receiver and his browser will do the work and stream your videos as if they were one. (no php needed for that)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines