• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Modern Rigging in Adobe Animate

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This feature looks great and in the future will be great but be warned at the moment its very bug ridden. The bitmaps render blurry against the vector artwork, the rigged characters do not work when imported and reused in other shots and various symbols jump all over the screen when animating uncontrollably. Its cost me lots of extra time on my current project and wouldn't want anyone else to make the same mistake. Hopefully the good people at adobe are fixing such issues as I have been using Animate CC/ Flash for over 15 years and truly like the software.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The tools Adobe Animate has are great, but if they are not fast enough for you. Try this 3rd party plugin. It does wonders and saves so much time once rigged. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27j0kKX-EXg&t=256s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Improvements I'd personally like to see:
Do not lock the artwork into a non-editable container. Animators MUST have a way to edit artwork throughout the animation process.
Maintain vectors by default and provide the option to rasterize from the Properties panel (not buried in prefs).
The option to rig asset warp style bones across layers.
Ability to tween the length of a bone as well.
Basically combine the Bone and the Asset Warp tools so it makes much more sense to animators in terms of workflow. Provide us with a way to keep our symbols on different layers and the ability to edit them at any time. 

Or as Nick suggests - install Flash Powertools which is an amazingly powerful 3rd party extension that works in the way many animators were dreaming of for several years. It's a great combination of what makes Animate so great with the added benefit of IK and FK tools that work intuitively. I've been working on a rig for several weeks and it's really allowing me to do things I could never really do before.
https://flash-powertools.com/

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines