• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Modern Rigging - Layer Parenting and Tweening is Jumping Around

Explorer ,
Dec 25, 2021 Dec 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, the new update in adobe animate 22.0.2 seems to be great, specifically the modern rigging and bone updates to the asset warp tool. However, I'm having a problem. Here is a video of my problem https://youtu.be/iYFD22nWPoA and also here is the FLA file to download. https://we.tl/t-Z68aV3ku0N  if you'd like to look at it directly. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I'm quite new to tweens, I'm more familiar with frame by frame animation. I think I may be doing something wrong? Thank you so much!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Hi all, after all the wonderful assistance below from others and a little finesse, I have worked out what the issue is and how to fix it. This video is my solution. I hope this helps somebody else. Good luck with your animations! https://youtu.be/bGYU-iA7NaY

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Dec 25, 2021 Dec 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and just to confirm I did parent everything correctly and also set the anchor points for the rotation using the free transform tool BEFORE I added any additional keyframes or did any warping. They seemed to reset and move on me once I started warping with the asset warp tool/bones.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 26, 2021 Dec 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are so many bugs, new and old, in Animate's rigging tools, that I would just call it a day, and install the Flanimate tools plugin for Flash/Animate instead, and rig and animate your characters with those tools. Those are production-proven, while Animate's built-in rigging tools are an outright mess.

Save yourself a lot of frustration, and get the Flanimate tools here:

https://flash-powertools.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I'm actually reading about them all now, and I have installed electric dog already, just before I typed this. Hopefully I'm on the right track now. I'm going to go right ahead and learn EDAPs functions now instead of wasting any more time on Adobe's tools.

I even tried to reset my transform point to my registration point, and because you can't add bones/use asset warp on symbols, I can't adjust the registration point like you can with a symbol by moving the contents inside the symbol. It's so frustrating. Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The color flickering is a known issue with vector warping. I think and I hope that the devs are working on a fix for it because clearly nobody likes having to convert things to bitmap to make it work.

As for the arm, it's snapping because it's following the body's position, you didn't add any tween to the body, and so whenever the body changes position from one keyframe to the next the arm snaps with it, that's why.

Also you didn't set the anchor point of the body properly, at frame 32 is close to the center and it seems to change in location in every keyframe which indicates that you created the keyframes first and then tried to move the anchor point of each key afterwards. That won't work, set the anchor points first and add keyframes later, never move them mid-tween.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much Mario. I've just made another video response to keep things easy, and hopefully assist others also. I know it's a little long but any further assistance would be greatly appreciated. 🙂 Here is the video https://youtu.be/qbNpHjgYr4o and I've also attached the test FLA file I was working on/created in the video.

Have a good day! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add -  perhaps the solution here is the following, which I have not tried yet

- Make a symbol containing the arm

- Inside the arm symbol, do the tween independant of the layer parenting

- now back outside the arm symbol, on the main timeline, make a new layer for the body and parent the arm symbol with nested animation to the body?

Hyperthetically, this may work... because the issue seems to lie with parented layers that contain tweens. Once the tween is added, the layer parenting no longer works. So if it was nested.... perhaps it will work. I'll try this and report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay! This seems to work. Please check out this video https://youtu.be/neGCcPgJ2l8 and if a professional can weigh in on this and tell me if this is the intended methodolgy, that would be greatly appreciated. Nesting warps inside symbols seems to work great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh I see. Thank you very much Mario. Good to know that the reg point match trans point is not a neccessity. Nesting the animation inside symbols and then parenting the symbols to another layer on the main timeline seems to do the trick.... it's almost as if flash cannot manage to in between both the warped asset and the rotation/XY position at the same time, therefore breaks the parenting. I'll continue with this method of nesting and then report back for anyone else having the same issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very kind of you. Are you in the prerelease forum? If not you should definitely join (same for anyone reading this): https://adobeprerelease.com/

Or contact @Mohanaraj and/or @AjayShukla directly to get you in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course! There is nothing more frustrating then looking for answers on a forum, and find nobody has followed up with a solution so I'd like to keep this updated once I figure it out. Thank you again for your help!

No, I'm not in the prerelase forum but I have just applied for animate! 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great. Technically you don't have to match anchor points and registration points to tween in the vanilla version. The good guys at EDAPT tools mentioned it as good practice yes, and I believe they have a command for that (with symbols) but it's more like a fail-safe. I haven't worked anywhere with such a requirement.

As for the warp anchor point issue...

The anchor point resets everytime you convert a shape to a warped asset, just like it does everytime you convert anything to symbol, it resets because it's essentially a new type of object at that point and in that regard it's not that different from a symbol, it's the same behavior.

The tween jump at 10:30 in this video I won't even try to defend because you're absolutely right it's a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, after all the wonderful assistance below from others and a little finesse, I have worked out what the issue is and how to fix it. This video is my solution. I hope this helps somebody else. Good luck with your animations! https://youtu.be/bGYU-iA7NaY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To add to this, you may notice some colour flickering in the final animation

This is because warped vectors is senstitive and flash/adobe animate has always been known to do this when something is warped a little too far. Hopefully a fix is being worked on but I wouldn't hold my breath because this has been a known issue way back to when macromedia owned flash I believe?

But the fix I plan to use for this is below, one of the 2:

Option 1: Duplicate the layer that has the issue. Select all frames > right click > convert to frame by frame animation > keyframe each frame. Now cycle through each frame and paint over the top of the trouble areas to touch them up. 

Option 2: Do not convert to frame by frame animation and on another layer, above the trouble layer, simply paint over the trouble areas on new keyframes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines