• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.mov export cannot be played by Quicktime

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm attempting to export a 2 second animation to .mov. The export goes through with no errors from Animate CC, but when I attempt to play via QuickTime I get the error message 'QuickTime Player can't open "Animation 1.mov".

The export is only 132 bytes so the file isn't exporting properly. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found a similar question where Colin has replied to the user. Can you check and let us know if it helped?

Exporting from Animate Won't play

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. The earlier answer did not help me. No .mov can be opened in quicktime. It is new to me today. I have used this conversion from Animate to .mov since Animate was new....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is absolutely incredible... Since i work with adobe Flash, now Animate it has ALWAYS been an impossible thing for Adobe or back then Macromedia to simply (??) export a flash/Animate project to a .mov.  I waas so happy that in Animate 2020 it seemed to work properly for the first time, but helas. again in 2021 animate it is a hell again. I believ i have to open this Media convertor. But hey! Why can't this be done in animate directly when i export the animatuion to a mov?  It must be a monster for the developers and soemthing they can simply not achieve to make working. This is incredible.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Matt RoyhlI have the same issue you're describing here. The export file is 132 bytes, so it's a failed export not opening in anything. There are compatibility issues with the latest Mac update and opening files in Quicktime, but I don't think this is the same issue. Did you find a resolution for exporting a file from Animate properly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines