• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Movieclips as templates that fill with external media and info

Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys. I need to create a standalone presentation showing info of houses on a specific street. I have a "home" with a Google map of the aforementioned street and houses. I will use that map as a menu where the user would click on a house and then a module of related info would spread. It'd contain a slideshow of pictures taken inside and outside the house, the house address and some info about it.

I was thinking that the best way to do it it would be having those modules as a movieclip template that I create once and then make it call the info from a folder inside the project directory or another swf movie. My idea is to have folders for each house and then I would place the photos and a doc with the info related to each house.

Years ago I worked with flash and now that i'm using animate and actionscript 3 things seem very different. Is it possible to achieve it with animate? Can you point me to a tutorial where I can learn to do it? Or maybe tell me what to search for in google since I'm having little luck.

Thank you very much for the help.

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see no reason to have external movie clips. I would probably place everything in some database - either a real one or just a simple JSON or even XML doc. Personally I'd use JSON. You can keep all the text info in there easily and then you can put in a list of images for the house and load those as needed.

And yes this is not an issue to do in Animate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I never meant external movie clips, maybe I explained myself poorly. I meant an internal movie clip -just one- that would fill up dynamically with the info and media of each house. By dynamically I mean the info would change according to user input. However that option sounds interesting yet a bit complicated for someone hearing "JSON" or "XML" for the first time. Do you think it would be something achievable with a manageable investment of time? Thank you for your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's certainly doable. However if this is the first time you're hearing JSON or XML... you may want to tackle something a bit lighter first. JSON is simple - it's just standard object notation in Flash. It's just like XML in that it's like a simple text based database. JSON is just lighter (not so verbose).

Yes, what you described should work well - one internal MC formatted how you want that you can load up with external content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see dmennenoh, I'll take a look at JSON and give it a try. Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines