• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving an entire Folder with its Contents to a New Position on the Timeline

Explorer ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a complicated animation 2 minutes long so far. I have 4 folders. Each layer has about 15 layers with sublayers. It is easy to duplicate one of these big folders. But now I want to move the entire contents of one folder 1000 frames ahead. No matter what method I use, I cannot seem to grab all these layers at once and drag them to a new timeline position. I've tried "Edit Multiple Frames", but it only allows me to drag one layer at a time. I've tried copy and paste, but the paste item is always greyed out in the menu. It would be great if there was something to grab when the folder is closed, to move everything inside. But the folder has a blank timeline. Can anyone help? Dragging each layer individually would be such a headache. Is there a better way?

Thanks!
Laura

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to select all the frames across multiple layers by click-dragging. Then with the layers/frames in question selected - click-drag to a new position on the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, what Joseph said. Copy and Paste does fail, possibly because it's too much to be able to paste into a complex set of folders. The simple select frames and then drag horizontally copes ok. Don't drag horizontally and vertically too, that will create new folders and mess things up,

Note too that the scale of the timeline can be set with the lower right slider, to show more frames at once, and if you drag further right than the last visible frame, the timeline will scroll to take you to higher numbered frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried the suggestions and it made me realize the issue. I was selecting all the layers PLUS the enclosing folder. When that is done, nothing will move. If I only select the layers themselves and then click-drag, I can indeed move my timeline! Thank you very much for the leads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines