Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2012 Sep 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The sad state of the NetStatusEvent documentation ought to have been remedied long ago. It just seems to go on living in the nether land between the folks responsible for Server Side AS and Client Side AS. I truly empathize with a tech writer who has to use the phrase "could have", or "might' when trying to provide precise facts for the development community. Does anyone really know what the properties of the infoObject are in each of the use cases for which this code is proposed? How do you really build a mission-critical application with Adobe frameworks in use on the Client and on the Server if the two development teams cannot cooperate in quality assuring the documentation?

What document are we to use to learn that the data property of the info property returns a string representing the Version Level of the Flash Media Server? You can find it buried in a developer's guide, if you happen to be interested in streaming, but if you happen to be interested in the behavior of those tools in the context of Remote Shared Objects, you'll not likely stumble upon the information, even if you Google to the ends of the earth.

I hope this posting might come to the aid of a tech writer who has probably asked and asked for clarification of these key matters over the years, but has never been able to get the engineers' attention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2013 Jan 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does these status stay the same for multicasting ? Because even if I dont have any stream/ even if i stop my flash media server . I still get "NetConnection.Connect.Success" ,"NetStream.Connect.Success" and "NetStream.Play.Start" . Stream cant play but still it returns all success codes .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines