• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not Responding and screen goes black.

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2018 Aug 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'm having trouble every time I go into a symbol it freezes for 10 seconds and quickly goes black the heavier my file gets. Never had this in other versions of Animate and I have a powerful machine that handles 3D software just fine. I have the recent version and still, no dice.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Do you only have the problem when you are editing this one symbol, or is there a problem when you work on any part of the file? Does the file play correctly?

It sounds like there is a problem with that one symbol. You could create a new empty symbol and then copy and paste the art from the problematic symbol into the new symbol and then delete the problematic symbol.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by “go into a symbol”? Are you double clicking on a symbol on the stage to edit it, or are you editing a symbol from the Library panel? Or is it something else? Does this symbol use more than one frame in its timeline?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Double clicking to get into a symbol on the stage. The symbol is the head of a character, with 2 symbols within it. The files can get real heavy, but never had this before on other versions. Even if I select the head it can say "not responding" at the top bar, then all goes black for 5-10 seconds. On my Mac with the same version, it will just do the same time but with the rainbow sphere. I was able to finally finish. It was the heads of the characters. After I suffered through them, it was fine doing anything else. Just never experienced that much freezing before and thought there may be some kind of patch.

I did the whole: uninstall cloud completely, use the clean tool and then reinstall everything with latest versions, but it still did it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you only have the problem when you are editing this one symbol, or is there a problem when you work on any part of the file? Does the file play correctly?

It sounds like there is a problem with that one symbol. You could create a new empty symbol and then copy and paste the art from the problematic symbol into the new symbol and then delete the problematic symbol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines