• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Onion Skin Adds the image from the frame before to the frame I add

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I turn on onion skin it adds what I drew in the frame befor to the new key frame I add. I don't know why this is happening so please help.

TOPICS
Product issue , Timeline

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

My guess, Clay, is that the OP is using the new Auto-key function which is quite inconsistent with Flash logic and can create all kinds of unpredictable situations.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean "adds"? Are you saying it actually copies the content of the previous frame into the new frame, and it persists even after onion skin is turned off? Or are you saying it just displays the content of previous frame(s) on the current frame? If it's the latter... that's literally the entire purpose of onion skin mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess, Clay, is that the OP is using the new Auto-key function which is quite inconsistent with Flash logic and can create all kinds of unpredictable situations.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It copies the content from the previous frame to the frame I add.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you're saying that if you turn onion skin on, then turn it off, you suddenly have duplicated objects on the stage?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops, replied to the wrong person. But no, when I turn it on then add a new keyframe it copies the content but it wont let me delete it. It also show all the onion skin frames when I play the animation. I will try to show a video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, it DOES display the content but the content never goes away, even after I turn it off and it shows up in the preview animation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines