Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Panning audio in flv file

Contributor ,
May 26, 2015 May 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

is it possible to pan audio in flv file? If yes, how?

I use Flash cloud version.

Thank you.

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2015 May 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'd probably want to extract the audio seperately and then use the SoundTransform class: SoundTransform - Adobe ActionScript® 3 (AS3 ) API Reference

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 27, 2015 May 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The NetStream class has a .soundTransform property you can assign a new SoundTransform object (API linked by Joseph above). There are many methods for panning and controlling the audio in there. I'm not sure I'd recommend exporting the audio to a separate file due to potential syncing issues, especially in long or quickly looping videos. One stream is easier to manage and the encoding is likely the same. Just use the pan method and set what you need once attached to your video's NetStream.

That assumes you're using ActionScript to play your video and it's not just imported directly to the timeline. Feel free to share if that is not the case and you are playing off the timeline because things can get more complicated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 30, 2015 May 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both for the answers.

I use as3 for play a clv file in external folder. In the stile mine I have the componenti FLVPlayback.

The link above it seams about mp3, not flv.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 02, 2015 Jun 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The SoundTransform applied to the FLVPlayback (see here) is used in the same exact way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines