• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Picture pixilation in my canvas

Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an image which the original size is 3088 by 4290 , resolution 72. so i . reduced it to 300 by 300, resolution 300 9 i even reduced it to 72 it became blurry)  using photoshop and imported the image on animate . My canvas is 150 px by 150 px. when i publish the image it comes out pixilated.Marini Kids Line22.jpganyone with a solution i welcome it

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Hi.

What publish settings are you using? These ones usually bring good results for me:

Your image is published with a very good quality using these values.

Also go to the properties of your image in the Library panel and set the compression to 'Lossless (PNG/GIF)'.

You may also turn on/off 'Allow smoothing' and see what works best for you.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

What publish settings are you using? These ones usually bring good results for me:

Your image is published with a very good quality using these values.

Also go to the properties of your image in the Library panel and set the compression to 'Lossless (PNG/GIF)'.

You may also turn on/off 'Allow smoothing' and see what works best for you.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try it at 150 by 150 px and see the results

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

let me try with your setting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried with your setting but my image is still pixilated . my canvas size is 150 by 150 from your screenshot your canvas cannot be 150 by 150

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's because I'm using responsive settings.

But I noticed something now. The image, without a previous editing, looks pixelated in Firefox. I don't kwow why. These are my results:

Chrome (image without previous resizing in Photoshop)

chrome.png

Firefox (image without previous resizing in Photoshop)

firefox.png

Chrome (image WITH previous resizing in Photoshop)

chrome_edited.png

Firefox (image WITH previous resizing in Photoshop)

firefox_edited.png

So I think you'll have to resize the image to the exact size you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your efforts man

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

danielo33771543  wrote

I have tried with your setting but my image is still pixilated

Well there's your problem.

pixils.png

But seriously, your problem isn't pixelization, it's aliasing. Pixelization is what happens when a bitmap is scaled up without interpolation. Aliasing is what happens when an image is scaled down without interpolation.

Bitmap scaling implementation is something that's left to the discretion of each browser maker, and some of them do it better than others.

Also, stop thinking in terms of DPI when dealing with web graphics. DPI is for print. It's utterly meaningless when applied to screen graphics. A 72-DPI pixel is exactly the same as a 3000-DPI pixel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what would you recommend i do to fix this problem because i have been looking online for a solution till now and i have found none

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

JC already told you what to do. Import your bitmaps at the size they need to be. Don't make the browser scale them for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines