Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Play Console has changed app signing

Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to upload air Apps (apks signed with a self signed certificate) and used Animate CC for creating the signed apk.

Now Google play console wants me to upload updates with an upload_cert which is in .der format.

Google App signing is turned on permanantly and i can not opt out

As far as I know a .p12 file which is needed for signing with Animate does contain a private key, while the upload_cert.der provided from the Play Console for my app does not include a private key.

So how do i generate a new p12 file with which I can create signed apks that are not rejected by google?

When I upload an update signed with my private key I get the uploaderror message:

Upload failed

You uploaded an APK that is not signed with the upload certificate. You must use the same certificate. The upload certificate has fingerprint:

[ SHA1: ++++++++++++++++++  ]

and the certificate used to sign the APK you uploaded have fingerprint:

[ SHA1: ---------------------------   ]

When I create a p12 with openssl and my private key, my certificate and the upload_cert I get the same upload error.

my Questions are:

1. Is there a trick to opt out of Google app signing programm?

2. Is there a way to generate a valid p12 file based on the upload_cert.der?

Any Ideas, help, suggestions are welcome!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

to sign a google play app using your public google play key, Re: Publishing for Android has changed. How do I create a certificate using the new Google guidelines?

skip to my post that has detailed info and screenshots.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to sign a google play app using your public google play key, Re: Publishing for Android has changed. How do I create a certificate using the new Google guideline...

skip to my post that has detailed info and screenshots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please show me how to submit apps to google now. im going crazy =/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the google store is easier to user than apple's but it's till time-consuming.  and i don't know any practical way to walk you through all the steps via a forum (other than what's publically available).

the easiest thing would be to do it for you, but that's still time-consuming and i would charge for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My fault:

I did not realized that i can to opt out during the release process to avoid the Google Play App Signing Programm.

So step 1. works for me.

In the case someone is as blind as me:

Before you upload an apk you have to opt out. If you miss or if you accidently opt in you can not go back.

opt out is in: release management -> app releases -> edit release, first block: chose : "not now" !

Step 2: hope google App signing never gets obligatory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue here! please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines