Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please help!!!! fps lagging!

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2017 Oct 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I'm a complete newbie to adobe animate, so I'm sorry if the answer is really obvious.

When I play my animation, the frame rate goes from 24 to around 17, then back up to 24. It does fine for a few seconds, then starts doing worse. One time, it went down to 7 fps for a few seconds, and didn't go back for the remaining duration of the animation. This has been going on for days and it's incredibly stressful! It's practically impossible to work with when 9/10 times it doesn't play at the correct speed.

I use Microsoft Surface Pro for my animations, and it is completely up to date. (I got it in late September)

It began having this issue when I accidentally clicked one of my previous projects instead of 'file'. Before that, it would play just fine.

Please help!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

If you have sound in your animation and you're using ActionScript 3, you can set the sound sync to Stream in the Properties panel. That will make the animation skip frames to keep up.

If you are doing HTML5 Canvas there isn't Stream sync, but you can get the same effect with code. See my answer here:

audio and animation synchronization issue in animate cc

If the animation is just going to be exported as video, or shown locally, you ought to use ActionScript 3, the sync issue will be solved, and it

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Oct 08, 2017 Oct 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're testing the animation by pressing enter/pressing the play button on the timeline, you can make it play faster by going to View > Preview mode > Fast.

If you're testing the animation by pressing Ctrl + Enter and you're using Actionscript, you can right click on the preview, click quality and set it to low.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have sound in your animation and you're using ActionScript 3, you can set the sound sync to Stream in the Properties panel. That will make the animation skip frames to keep up.

If you are doing HTML5 Canvas there isn't Stream sync, but you can get the same effect with code. See my answer here:

audio and animation synchronization issue in animate cc

If the animation is just going to be exported as video, or shown locally, you ought to use ActionScript 3, the sync issue will be solved, and it will perform a lot better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much! Syncing the audio with the animation worked perfectly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines