• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

potentially corrupted .fla file

Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2023 Nov 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, sorry if this was posted already. Im new to the forums so I might have double posted. I apologize if I did. Regardless, my copy of Animate suddenly started acting strangly, and the "recently used" files were completely cleared. The launch screen and the "recently opened files" tab were both suddenly empty.

I then manually navigated to my most recent project, and Animate "failed to open it". It can open earlier projects, but the most recent it wont. I'm worried the file may have been corrupted. I have it set to autosave every 10 mins but I can't find any previously saved versions in my configurations file. I reinstalled Animate and it still gave me the same issue.

Here is a link to the file, if someone can check this out and either attempt to repair it or confirm for me that it is infact corrupt that would be great. Thanks.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FfvgSILVdA1fnPk6Sdk9uKyCnNX3I3ek/view?usp=drive_link

TOPICS
Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 24, 2023 Nov 24, 2023

ok.  below is my Save_As_Version.jsfl. if you put it in your commands folder, you can run it by clicking commands > Save_As_Version (assuming you name the jsfl file Save_As_Version.jsfl).  (it's intentionally verbose so it's easy to read and edit.)

var doc = fl.getDocumentDOM();
var uri = fl.getDocumentDOM().pathURI

if(!uri){
alert('SAVE YOUR FILE. \n\nAn initial file save is needed to establish your save directory and file name that will be used to append version numbers.');
} else {
var

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is corrupt and winrar is unable to repair it.

if you had auto-recovery enabled there's a small chance there's a non-corrupt recovery file.

for win users, open C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Adobe\<animate version>\en_US\Configuration\AutoRecoverFilenames.txt and see if there was a saved file and, if so, check the folder location listed

for mac users, check the folder (for a file with name recover_) where the fla was saved. if the fla wasn't saved, i think you're out of luck, but you can still search your computer for "recover_"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm familar with looking for auto-recovery files and I attempted to do that, but there was nothing in there, I have it save every 10 mins. I was hoping to decompile it and get even a few assets back at this point. However as far as I know there are no ways to decompile a .fla without turning it into a .swf and there's no way to turn it into a .swf unless it opens with adobe animate. it is truly over, and if it is, do you know of software or a script solution to manually version each save?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i use a jslf script that i wrote.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you mind sharing your script?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no problem.  when i get to my computer, i'll convey it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok.  below is my Save_As_Version.jsfl. if you put it in your commands folder, you can run it by clicking commands > Save_As_Version (assuming you name the jsfl file Save_As_Version.jsfl).  (it's intentionally verbose so it's easy to read and edit.)

var doc = fl.getDocumentDOM();
var uri = fl.getDocumentDOM().pathURI

if(!uri){
alert('SAVE YOUR FILE. \n\nAn initial file save is needed to establish your save directory and file name that will be used to append version numbers.');
} else {
var a = uri.split('_v');
if(a[a.length-1] && a[a.length-1].length==7 && a[a.length-1].substr(-4)=='.fla'){
// subsequent save
var version = findNextVersionNumberF(a[a.length-1]);
var prefix = a[0];
for(var i=1;i<a.length-1;i++){
prefix = prefix+'_v'+a[i];
}
var bool = fl.saveDocument(doc,prefix+'_v'+version+'.fla');
} else {
// first save
a = uri.split('.');
a[a.length-2] = a[a.length-2]+'_v000';
bool = fl.saveDocument(doc,a.join('.'));
}
if(!bool){
alert('SAVE ERROR.\n\nSave manually (eg, file>save as...)');
}
}

function findNextVersionNumberF(s){
var version = Number(s.split('.')[0]);
return formatF(version+1);
}
function formatF(n){
var s = String(n);
while(s.length<3){
s = '0'+s;
}
return s;
}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines