Exit

Problem with frames

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have an asset, a block, I turn that block into a symbol 

I place the block to the left of the screen at frame one

I then go to frame 5 and place the block to the right of the screen. A frame is not created

Ok start again.

So I have an asset, a block, I turn that block into a symbol 

I place the block to the left of the screen at frame one

THIS time I create a key frame at frame 5 and on that frame move the block to the right. The only result is that the block is duplicated (i'll call the new block block B and the first block on frame 1 block A). If I delete block A on frame 5, it is deleted throughout the animation and no longer appears on frame 1. 

Why is it doing this? I just want a simple animation of a block moving across the screen yet it wont let me animate the asset, it just duplicates it. Any ideas?

TOPICS
Error , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keyframes don't duplicate symbols. If there are two instances of the same symbol on the stage, then that's because you put it in the stage twice. Don't do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you have auto keyframe on? Check your timeline and see if auto keyframe is on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines