• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with the camera tool becoming laggy after a while of use

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2023 Jul 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using version 23.0, internal version number 407, and every time I restart animate with the same animation file, the camera tool moves and is used very fast, but after a while of use, the camera tool becomes laggy (I have to wait almost ten seconds or so for each move, and my computer configuration is i7, rtx1080ti). But when I close animate and start it again to open the same animation file, it becomes very fast again. I'd like to know if this is a known generic problem or if it's just simply a problem with my computer or system or software.

Regarding the camera, there is another issue that has been bothering me for a long time, when I enable the camera tool, after I offset my camera from the very beginning of the scene, I flip the object left and right and the object flies far away. Is there a way this can be fixed? I want it to flip left and right in place.

Thanks for checking this out and offering to help, have a great day.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like a memory leak, but who knows.

Animate is plagued by tens of bugs, many of them related to the awful implementation of the so-called Advanced Layers - a whole duplicate system of hidden Movie Clip wrappers of layers, upon which much of the new functionality, such as camera, parented layers, layer effects and so on, is built.

Personally, I avoid using all that stuff, because it is unreliable and creates more problems than it solves.

If you are willing to change your habits, you can easily nest your content inside a Graphic Symbol and use that as a camera, abandoning the buggy built-in v-cam.

In this sample file you can see an example how this is done: https://flash-powertools.com/edapt-movie-template-free-download/

Good luck!

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try a different version, for example, 22.0.8.

As for the position error when flipping, you can check the symbol deformation point. The flipping is based on the transformation point.

Or turn off the camera first, flip it and then turn it on.

n. tilcheff is right, the right thing to do is to nest the animation into the symbol graphics, so as to avoid all kinds of troubles caused by using the camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can't reproduce the gradual lagginess issue but can confirm that flipping objects do end up misplaced with the camera on stage. Please report the bug here: https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines