Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question on How to Convert an Old Flash Project into Canvas

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I was given a project to convert from an outdated Flash/Acrobat project and move it into something more current. My plan was to do it in Canvas but I have a question on the best way to map it out. I have done some Flash work a long time ago, but I am not familiar with Canvas. So I'm trying to see if my approach would even work using Canvas.

Long story short the project is a series of language tutorials set up like a little mini-site. I was planning on making a master Animate/Canvas file to be the container of the project and each tutorial would be it's own separate Animate/Canvas file that would be loaded in as needed. But I am not seeing a way to load in external files (swf) like you could in Actionscript. Is there a way to do a similar approach in Canvas? Or do I need to change my approach.

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's impossible to load HTML5 Canvas documents into each other. You'll either have to chain them together so they completely replace each other, or float an iframe over your interface to load tutorials into.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's what I was thinking I would need to do thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines