• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question on tweens

Participant ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had a student with a question. Tried to effeciently give her a way to attack a scene. I have a file quick test file, will post the link to it.

1. Tried to have a torch with a loop, nested flame animation tweened, make a graphic symbol out of it.
  2. Then on the main time line have a bunch of instance copies of the symbol
  3. Paralax the torches lined up going across the scene. 

What's happening is when I go back to the main timeline, and I have all the instances, I try to classic tween a paralax of the torches going across the screen and it's forcing me to create another tween symbol. Once I do that, the nested looping flame animation stops animating. Ugh, help. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xQT60v6pjNBfcLq9Uf5jWo0hxaIkDGPt/view?usp=sharing

TOPICS
ActionScript , Error , Performance , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is that forced symbol a movieclip?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I made sure to make them all graphic symbols. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

If you have more than one instance in the same layer, you either need to have all of them inside of a single symbol or you need to place each instance in its own layer to get the tween working.

So make sure you're not trying to create a tween between frames that have more than one instance each.

Please let us know.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds like the right answer to me! Thank you.  Follow up question, so when it essentially made another symbol out of the group of torches on a single layer, why did it stop the nested animations I had in the instances?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you fail to use movieclip, not having sufficient frames on the parent timeline will prevent child animation from displaying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing it now. So when the new graphics symbol was created, even though it was a group of graphics symbols already, it created a new graphics symbols "tween" to which I then have to go into that new nest and extend the frames....? This either seems like a very poor design or there reasons for it that I'm not privy too. Surely there is a more efficient way in Animate to do all this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is how Graphic symbols work. Their instances are synced to the parent timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome!

The newly created symbol should be a Graphic that has its looping set to loop or to play once.

image.png

You can also use a Movie Clip but you would only see the animation at runtime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And the timeline of this newly created symbol has to be extended so that the animations of each torch can play along.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I saw that. Thanks for the replies.

1. So I create an instance. Drag them in.
  2. I have to create another single graphic symbol of all the instances.
  3. Next, once that symbol is created, I then have to go into it's nest and I have to extend that timeline to the length of the instance graphic symbols inside that... Man. How on earth can I even teach this to students. Thought Animate/Flash was better than this. Any advice is much appreciated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines