Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scrolling text (with scrollbars) functionality in HTML5 Canvas

New Here ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I am trying to create an HTML Canvas animation that has a large block of text that is scrollable via draggable scrollbars. I remember this being really easy to do in the past in Flash, but cannot find how to make it work in Animate with HTML5. Seems like a simple of enough ask, but I am not finding any info on how to do or a source file where I can replicate the scrolling text. Can someone point me in the right direction and/or share an example fla where I can see how to do this.

I did come across one explanation that said to use the text/scrollable menu option, but for whatever reason "scrollable" is always grayed out for me...both in static and dynamic text.

Thanks for any and all help with this!

Grace

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you'll need to create your own or hire someone to make one for you.  as3 has components that can do that, html5/canvas does not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines